Here is some information about the students who took immersion courses in 2020, which will give you a precise idea of our audience.
- Average age: 38 years old (ranging from 38 to 40 depending on the year).
- 17% of the students had already come to CLE.
- Most common level: intermediate, but we receive beginners (on certain dates) up to French teachers.
- Most common length of stay: 3 or 4 weeks.
- Most popular course option: “formule essentielle +” combining group and private lessons.
- 1/3 of the students had chosen independent accommodation.
- 16 nationalities (26 in 2019 before Covid!).
Unlike many language schools found in France, the particularity of CLE is that it receives people of all ages: students but also many adults who learn French for pleasure or for their work or because they are now retired. Different ages, motivations and culture background is a richness that contributes to CLE’s highly effective educational atmosphere.
Satisfied with their instruction and warm welcome received, many students return to CLE year after year. We’ve even began teaching children from our first students!
CLE has been in the spotlight for some time, starting with a New York Times article published more than 30 years ago!
At the end of 2019, it was with great pleasure that we discovered that CLE has been voted by students “Best Language School in France 2019“, based on the results from Educationrating.com. The EducationStars Award shows that our educational services, quality and customer satisfaction are recognised by our students.
Discover more about CLE through our videos.